Everyone of voting age living in Warleggan Parish is an equal member of the Warleggan Parish Meeting. The parish is too small to have a full parish council; the Parish Meeting is, however, fully recognised by Cornwall Council, and receives funds through the parish precept, i.e. from our council taxes. It’s a meeting where any local issues of concern can be raised and discussed.
The Parish Meeting is often followed by a meeting of the Planning Sub-Committee, at which any planning applications likely to affect parishioners can be reviewed and commented upon formally to Cornwall Council. See more: how parish meetings work
Next parish meeting:
WARLEGGAN PARISH MEETING
NOTICE OF MEETING
THURSDAY 8th AUGUST 2019
JUBILEE HALL, MOUNT
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
MINUTES OF LAST MEETING (see draft minutes*)
COUNTY COUNCILLOR REPORT
PLANNING APPLICATION PA19/04425* DOVE COTE, WARLEGGAN – Construction of single storey annexe accommodation
ANY OTHER BUSINESS including:-
a) Update on Noel’s Meadow extension planning application
b) (to be decided)
See draft minutes of the previous meeting of 27th JUNE included PLANNING APPLICATION PA19/03559 – 1 TRELAWN COTTAGES, MOUNT – Construction of first floor extension to east elevation; plus discussion on Future Use of former Warleggan Carnival Trophies; Use of Residual Funds from Warleggan Carnival; c)Update on Traffic Calming at Mount; and Light on Mount Corner
Previous meeting was Thurs 18 April, 7.30 pm: Parish Meeting AGM, with election officers, and discussing parish issues (incl speeding traffic, Mount crossroads light, etc.); meeting also considered outline planning application PA19/02991 for a farm managers/owners dwelling with all matters except access reserved | Lower Trevorder Mount Bodmin Cornwall PL30 4DR
>> See transcripts of minutes of all previous meetings (Aug 2012 onwards)
With effect from Parish Meeting AGM of 12 April 2018:
- Mr John K remains chairperson.
- Mr Andy M remains clerk/treasurer.
- Ms Emma T remains deputy chairperson
- The planning subcommittee: Mr John J, Ms Veronica C, Mr Geoff S, Ms Julie G, Mr Andrew L, Ms Diane W, Ms Emma T, Ms C Stokes
- Members: Every person living with Warleggan Parish (i.e in villages of Mount and Warleggan and surrounding area) is an equal member of the Parish Meeting. Each has an equal voice on all issues, except for when discussing planning applications (on which only the elected planning subcommittee is authorised to vote – see below)
For full details about all meetings, see minutes of previous meetings
Any other items you’d like to see discussed?
– Let John (parish chairman) or Andy (parish clerk) know, or use the comment function below, and we’ll pass your suggestion on.