Everyone of voting age living in Warleggan Parish is an equal member of the Warleggan Parish Meeting. The parish is too small to have a full parish council; the Parish Meeting is, however, fully recognised by Cornwall Council, and receives funds through the parish precept, i.e. from our council taxes. It’s a meeting where any local issues of concern can be raised and discussed.
The Parish Meeting is often followed by a meeting of the Planning Sub-Committee, at which any planning applications likely to affect parishioners can be reviewed and commented upon formally to Cornwall Council. See more: how parish meetings work
Next parish meeting:
Thursday 22 November 2018
WARLEGGAN PARISH MEETING
NOTICE OF MEETING
THURSDAY 22nd NOVEMBER
JUBILEE HALL, MOUNT
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
- MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
- MATTERS ARISING
- COUNTY COUNCILLOR REPORT
- PLANNING APPLICATION PA18/09632*, THE STABLE, BOFINDLE, MOUNT – Two storey extension to dwelling and disabled access
- PARISH PRECEPT FOR COUNCIL TAX 2019/2020
ANY OTHER BUSINESS including:-
a) Result of PLANNING APPEAL PA17/05972* LAND SOUTH OF NOEL’S MEADOW, MOUNT – Construction of 5 detached dwellings and 1 flat over a shop
b) Development at Poldark Lodge, Broom Park, Barleysplatt
Previous meetings (see draft minutes*):
Thursday 18 October – see pic right ->
Thursday 19 July – with discussion on appeal regarding planning application for additional houses near Noel’s Meadow – see details on our Noel’s Meadow Extension page – and also boundary commission proposals and demise of Asda bus
>> See transcripts of minutes of all previous meetings (Aug 2012 onwards)
At the Parish Meeting AGM of 20 April 2017, the following officers were elected:
Parish Meeting Structure:
- Chairman: John K
- Vice chair: Emma T
- Clerk: Andy M
- Members: Every person living with Warleggan Parish (i.e in villages of Mount and Warleggan and surrounding area) is an equal member of the Parish Meeting. Each has an equal voice on all issues, except for when discussing planning applications (on which only the elected planning subcommittee is authorised to vote – see below)
- Planning Subcommittee: the members elected to serve in this committee (and therefore to vote on planning applications) are John K (chairman), John J, Veronica C, Geoff S, Julie G, Andrew L, Diane W, Emma T and Carolyn S.
For full details about all meetings, see minutes of previous meetings
Any other items you’d like to see discussed?
– Let John (parish chairman) or Andy (parish clerk) know, or use the comment function below, and we’ll pass your suggestion on.