ANNUAL VEGETABLE, FLOWER & HANDICRAFT SHOW
(part of Warleggan Parish’s “BIG DO IN THE FIELD”)
SATURDAY 27th July
All entries to be in the Hall either Friday evening between 6-7pm
OR Saturday before 10.00am PROMPT—PLEASE
(Hall opens to general public at 1pm following judging)
>>> see also dog show classes and entry form (PDF)
1. Presentation of three different seasonal vegetables 2ft x 2ft space
2. 4 Potatoes
3. 5 Carrots (with foliage)
4. 6 Shallots OR 3 Onions
5. Lettuce (with roots)
6. 6 Pods of Peas
7. 6 Runner Beans OR 8 French Beans OR 6 Broad Beans
8. 3 Root Vegetables (other than carrots)
9. Unusual shaped vegetable
10. 3 Courgettes
11. Plate of Soft Fruit (12 berries)
12. 3 medium / large Tomatoes OR 6 Cherry tomatoes
13 3 Sticks Rhubarb (leaves removed)
14. Flowering pot plant – NOT PREVIOUSLY EXHIBITED AT THIS SHOW
15. Non-flowering pot plant – NOT PREVIOUSLY EXHIBITED AT THIS SHOW
16. 3 Roses (can be more than one variety)
17. Single Hydrangea head
18. Vase of annuals
19. Vase of herbaceous perennials
20. Vase of attractive foliage
21. 3 Dahlias
22. 12 Sweet Peas
COOKERY & PRESERVES
23. MADEIRA CAKE (SET RECIPE) If you have been watching the “Great British Bake Off” this is your “technical challenge” having been given the list of ingredients, tin size, oven temperature and baking time the rest is up to you!
175g (6oz) Softened butter
175g (6oz) Caster sugar
225g (8oz) SR Flour
50g (2oz) Ground almonds
3 large eggs
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
Thin slide of citron peel.
18cm (7in) round cake tin
180 degrees / Fan 160 degrees /Gas 4—30mins then place peel on top and a further 30-45 mins.
24. Treacle Tart—Maximum size 18cm (7ins)
26. Jar of sweet preserve—any variety
27. Jar or savoury preserve—any variety
28. Jar of jelly—any variety
HANDICRAFT—NOT TO HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY EXHIBITED AT THIS SHOW / TO HAVE BEEN LAUNDERED / & MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR
29. Item of fabric based craft
30. Item of non-fabric based craft
31. Any knitted item
32. Tree or trees
33. Fungi / lichen / ferns
34. Colour explosion!
35. Pencil sketch
37. Oils / acrylic
CHILDREN’S CLASSES —please state age on entry form
1) Under 7 years old:
—-> 38. Animal made from one or more vegetables
2) 7 to 10 years old:
39. Tree or trees
40. Colour explosion!
There will be an entry fee of 20per adult entry in order to fund prizes in the children’s classes
PLEASE RETURN ENTRY FORMS TO BOX IN HENRY & BRENDA JORY’S PORCH OR TO LYNDA SMALL, SHALOM, MOUNT OR GILL KEAST, CHYKEST, WARLEGGAN. ANY QUERIES Gill 01208 821494
1. All entries must be made or grown by the competitor.
2. Entry fee of 20p / adult entry.
3. Competitors can make a maximum of three entries in each class
4. Competitors to provide own props/vases, etc.
5. The Committee accepts no responsibility for loss or damage.
6. Judges’ decisions are final.
7. Pot plants must have been owned by competitor for at least two months.
8. All handicraft items must not have been exhibited previously at this show or have been laundered and must be the work of the exhibitor, including photographs.