‘Carn to Cove’ events at the hall
Upcoming Carn to Cove Events at Warleggan Jubilee Hall:
Friday 19 October 2018, 7.30 pm: Charlie Bicknell, Shameless Angel, a cabaret act supported by Carn to Cove – not suitable for those under 14, or for those easily shocked…
Brazenly witty, contentious and often achingly funny, with songs from the likes of Tim Minchin, Fascinating Aida, Amanda Palmer, as well as her own wicked and inimitable songs, Shameless Angel is set to be another sell-out success, following on where Fallen Angel left off.
A heartfelt love song to Benedict Cumberbatch , the touching gay eskimo and a radio programme of ‘Climactic Interludes’ feature in this eclectic and often startlingly athletic performance.
‘A high octane mix of English rose, vamp and Cruella de Vil, Charlie’s shamelessly sexy, murderously funny. You have been warned. Roses have thorns.’ The Observer
>>> Tickets £9 adults, £7 conc, from Liz 01208 821551 or Jasmina 01208 821223
There’ll be a licensed bar with alcoholic and soft drinks on sale.
Recent Carn to Cove Events:
- Neil Maya Quartet – The Brubeck Project – In the first half the quartet play standards and some of the band’s own well-loved compositions to thrill and excite. In the second half the band devotes itself entirely to Brubeck. (Friday 13 April 2018)
- Britain on Film – Rural Life – a series of archive film programmes made available from the British Film Institute to offer extraordinary treasures from film archives across the UK for the very first time, with footage from the Holman factory in Camborne and from Wheal Martyn Museum (27 January 2018)
- Hedluv & Passman Cornish Rap show – This rap duo from Cornwall is an oddity. Rappers yet Cornish, ironic yet sincere, novel yet durable. (4 March 2017)
- Folk Duo: Gareth Lee & Annie Baylis – a contemporary folk duo, who have a modern approach to creating a classic sound – an intimate evening of live music, performing tracks from their debut EP ‘A Little Light’ and follow-up record ‘Future Writer’ (11 November 2016)
- ‘Pals’ – a story from the trenches ~ a story about friends who volunteer to join the army and go to war. Like so many men they believed the propaganda and wanted to make there families proud of them as they set off to fight for King and country. With its camaraderie amongst soldiers, Pals brings some of the realities of living in the trenches to the audience.
North South Theatre, (11 March 2016)
- Circus Berzercus’s ‘Komedy of Errors’
~ balancing, juggling, unicycling, plate-spinning magic. Two brilliant performers from Circus Berzercus* – Gerald (juggler Ben Cornish) and Wallace (clown Steve Eldridge) combine to bring you a show packed with comedy and circus skills, a hit around the country, appealing to adults and children alike (12 December 2015)
- “Tin the Movie” – West Cornwall – 1895. A once glorious tin mine, on which the whole town has depended for generations, is on its last legs. A weather-beaten opera company arrives to give a performance of Fidelio in the town hall and finds itself tangled up in a scam to offload worthless shares in the mine – by Miracle Theatre, 9 October 2015
- Fumi Okiji’s Old Time Jazz Band (25 April 2015)
- The Salt Roads – an evening of stories, music and song from writer Annamaria Murphy from Kneehigh Theatre which follows the salt road around Cornwall (24 October 2014)
- “Lessons in Love” by the Cube Essential Theatre of Truro ~ Carmen and Mimi are both looking for love…evening classes hold the answer ~ a comedy told through action, speech and extraordinary music (28 March 2014)
- “It’s your round” ~ A Pub Quiz with a Cabaret twist!, presented by Scary Little Girls (11 January 2014)
- Hoagy, Hornpipes, Handel & Hoedown” with Mayor & James – guitar, mandolin, and songs ( 6 June 2013) – website*
- Bach Pilgrimage ~ Bach’s solo violin works performed by acclaimed violinist Thomas Bowes, St Bartholomew’s Church, Warleggan (31 May 2013) – website*
- A Love Like Salt (8 Feb 2013) – story telling with musicians – website*
- Piccadilly (17 Nov 2012) – silent movie with musicians (Wurlitza) – website*
If the Shoe Fits (22 June 2012) – interactive children’s show with C-Scape – website*
- Devious minds (21 Jan 2012) – illusion and comedy magic – website*
- Salsa Night (2 Apr 2011) – dancing to salsa orchestra
- Charity Shop Cabaret (23 Oct 2010) – comedy-drama set in charity shop – website*
- Barbershopera (14 May 2010) – 4 harmony singers, set in barbers’ shop – website*
- Superstition Mountain (18 Sept 2009) – gritty drama, brothers travel to USA to seek treasure – website*