Yes, the Big Do in the Field is fast approaching – tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon, 27 July. Across the parish, rhubarbs are being inspected, lettuces titivated over, and runner beans talked to. Someone out there is practising the Madeira cake recipe for the 17th time. Photos will be flying out of printers, and anxious youngsters will be adding their finishing touches to the animals they are making from vegetables – now where does that parsnip go?
It should be a good year, not just for the Annual Veg/Flower/Handicraft show to be held in the hall, but the Big Do in the Field promises, too, to be lots of fun:
- We’ve got the children’s fancy dress contest, the dog display, the dog show and the children’s games (and maybe something for adults too, I hear!)
- And then we have the stalls, cream teas, hot and cold food, BBQ, beer, wine and non-alcoholic drinks, ice-cream, bouncy castle, games, the raffle, and who knows what else?
A few reminders:
- Please bring entries for the Veg/Flower/Handicraft show to the Jubilee Hall latest by 10am Saturday – download entry form.
- If you’re bringing a cake for the cake stall, that’s great – please suggest a price for it with a label if possible.
- Children, please make sure your parents (and you) take care when crossing the road between hall and field; and drivers, please take care too.
See you there!
PS – different subject, but if you might like a budded copy of Rev. Densham’s cooking-apple tree, and thereby help conserve these unique species (Densham’s Delight or Warleggan), then let Cathy know latest by 31st July – more info